Connectivity in the Machine 2 Machine age.
The possibilities for M2M and SCADA are almost endless, smart traffic routing, intelligent street lighting, automatic watering to optimise crop yields, the list goes on and on and this could be a massive leap forward.
However, to realise the savings and efficiencies that this technology brings means a reliance on 100% connectivity and the resulting chaos from floods and extremes in weather over the last few years has really highlighted how difficult 100% connectivity can be.
Fixed lines being cut, individual cellular networks going down, cell contention, satellite latency and data packet prioritisation all being issues to contend with. Fortunately there is a solution.
A UK company is leading the way in addressing the growing market and reliance on M2M and SCADA:
- Electronic Media Services Ltd, were the independent pioneers of cellular bonding technology with multi award winning i-MO™ (Intelligent Mobile Office) Industrial grade Routers – addressing the rapid site set up requirements of the construction and allied markets, together with library and outreach buses.
- The latest version of our rugged UK manufactured i-MO™ routers include our unique OptiBond™ software and have been designed with resilience as a core focus.
- One unit can handle fixed line, cellular and satellite channels, failing over and back automatically if primary channel goes down.
- Versions are available which will run from back-up generators
i-MO™ OptiBond ™ Capabilities
- Multi-award winning Load balancing, broadband bonding router.
- Automatic fail over and back from primary channel, in less than 60 seconds.
- Multi- port for fixed line, cellular and satellite input giving maximum resilience.
- Can be used as an alternative to leased lines, bonding dsl lines together.
- Boosts MPLS speeds
- Vast range of configuration options to suit your business needs.
- Cellular capability of up to six SIM’s, all from different networks and continuously monitors connections, automatically selecting and bonding the best performing cellular.
- Provides instant secure data connectivity at remote, new or temporary locations, with up to 5 IPSEC VPN’s.
- VOIP options (up to 20 handsets).
- Can be specified with built in storage , so can act as local file server if required.
- Wi-Fi and multiple LAN/WAN inputs and WAN optimisation
- Automatic back up.
- IP- CCTV
- Unique ‘VMWare’ based concentrator, minimising unnecessary hardware investment.
Connectivity Management Console
The OptiBond™ Connectivity Management Console, allows for ' software defined networking' and includes a dashboard that quickly shows the status of i-MO™ appliances. The user can drill down to detailed reports on data usage and performance.